Release Notes: December 2019
by Kristen Walbridge, on Jan 3, 2020 9:22:24 AM
| What's New
Updated Check-in Kiosk
The check-in kiosk has been given a facelift! In addition to the cleaner look, you can now search for patients by their first name in case another patient has the same last name and birthdate. The process for checking in a patient on the kiosk remains the same.
Other Key Updates
- When Fusion is updated, there is often a need for you to refresh your browser to avoid potential issues. The notification asking you to refresh will now appear in the middle of the screen. You will be required to refresh your browser after three warnings. If you delay all three warnings, your browser will automatically be refreshed and you will lose any information you were typing that has not yet been saved.
Tip: Close your Internet browser when you leave for the day each Thursday to automatically take care of this for our standard releases.
- There were some options available behind the scenes that could only be turned on by a member of our support team. We've made these available in Clinic Options so admins have control over them.
- Physician Signatures (Evals)
- Physician Signatures (Discharges)
- Mark Same-Day Claims
- Detailed Invoices
- Allow Early Charge Submission
- In the patient dialog under Basic Information, the Gender field has been renamed to Sex to match the field's name on the claim form.
| Coming Soon
As a part of our continuous efforts to improve Fusion, we are changing the provider we use to accept your payment method. This is a great benefit as our new vendor, Stripe, is a leader in the technology world for payment processing.
As part of this transition, we need your help! For your safety, we don't store your full credit card number in Fusion. Because of this, we'll need you to enter it into Stripe. Over the next few weeks, admins on your account will see a banner appear across the top of Fusion with a link to update your information. As soon as you update your payment method, the banner will go away and your clinic will be ready for the change.
| Bugs We Squashed
Our engineers corrected several issues you helped bring to our attention. Here are just a few!
- Resolved an issue that allowed charges from a daily note to be submitted twice when clicking very fast. This only caused an issue for cases where the charges did not appear on a claim.
- Resolved an issue that caused the claim summary hover to be cut off on smaller screens.
- A "network problem" error will no longer appear when navigating to your clinic's document headers from the Admin tab. Previously, this error message appeared if you had headers that are smaller than 500px wide.
- Resolved an issue with imports that caused some primary contact records to be duplicated.