Release Notes: July 2019
by Kristen Walbridge, on Aug 5, 2019 3:33:35 PM
| What's New
Adjudications Report in Insights
A new Adjudications source report has been added to Insights! You can now create a custom report from this source that displays a list of adjudications based on the remit date.
This month we introduced several other updates to help make using Fusion even easier. These include:
- The Payer Payments insight can now be grouped by payer or date, to display the total payments per payer or per date.
- When adding a short-term goal to a completely new long-term goal, the default start date for the short-term goal will be the same as the long-term goal.
- When adding a new long-term goal from an evaluation, the default start date for the goal will be the document's date of service.
- When you log in, the calendar's scroll position will default to today and will now remember your previous scroll position more consistently throughout the day.
| Fusion Favorite
There are several options in Fusion that ensure your therapists and billers maintain a defensible workflow. This helps you reduce risk if your clinic is audited. In Fusion you can:
- Ensure documentation is completed before billing by preventing therapists from submitting charges prior to signing off on documentation.
- Hold therapists accountable to completing documentation in a timely manner by preventing them from editing the sign date on documentation.
- Maintain the integrity of original documentation by using detailed revision history that includes an addendum to your document for any changes.
To learn more about these and other options, check out the Clinic Options help article.
| Quick Tip
Did you know that you can create calendar groups in Fusion that allow you to quickly view a specific set of users in a custom order? Follow these steps to create your groups:
- Click the Manage Groups button.
- Click the + Group button.
- Name the group and select the users you want this group to include.
- Click the Save Group button.
You can find out more about the Groups feature by clicking here.
| Bugs We Squashed
Our engineers corrected several issues you helped bring to our attention. Here are just a few!
- When the Charge Summary report is grouped by primary payer, the payer for patients without a claim will now be shown as their current primary payer. Previously, these were shown as having no payer.
- If daily notes are completed out of order, the Pull Forward function will no longer consider documents with a future date of service.
- Admin users can now edit the basic information for clinic resources in the update.
- Goal tabs will no longer shrink to an invisible size if the patient has many goal categories.
- Double-clicking the Back or Next icons on the calendar will now load the selected week's appointments as expected. Previously, double-clicking these icons would sometimes not load any appointments.
- When creating a document and linking it to an appointment, appointments older than 90 days will not be shown. Previously, any past appointment that did not already have a document of that type linked was included.
- A saved report's category can now be edited as expected. Previously, editing a saved report and trying to change the category caused an error.
- Non-admins can now invite patient contacts to the portal from the patient's information as expected. Previously, an error message appeared stating that only admins could complete this function.
- The Bill To section on printed statements now appears in the same position as on printed invoices.
- When sorting the list of claims linked to a remit by the Patient column, the claims will be ordered by the patient's last name. Previously, they were ordered by the patient's first name.